Thrifty finds transform your living space!
Thinking about creating an accent wall? There are so many ways to transform your living space. Something I’ve decided to do was creating a tape art accent wall! These projects can vary in time due to the size of what you decide to paint.
Small changes to your living space can transform your room. At your local thrift store there may be all the supplies you need. You never know what you can find at the thrift, at our locations there is a dedicated section to office and craft supplies!
Things Needed for Tape Art
- Tape! Make sure the tape is removed while the paint is wet to ensure that it creates clean crisp lines. Painters tape is preferred but masking tape works well for smaller scale projects like this one using a small canvas:
- Paint. I prefer acrylic over oil because it will be easier to remove from walls in the future. Usually there are some interesting colours that can be found at the thrift. In the feature photo, there is a mixture of matte and metallic paints in the different sections.
Brushes or Sponges. You can find different materials to add texture to paint. Finger painting and leaves are great ways to apply paint to your canvas.
- Make sure the windows are open because the smell can be overpowering.
- Use short pieces of tape so you can control how intricate you want the design to be.
- Plan out what you want your design to look like before you start (This reduces the stress of running out of paint or colour patterns).
- Put a cloth down on the ground to catch spills and splatters.
These supplies might already be at home, waiting to be used. During social distancing, the best thing to do is to refine your skills or pick up a new hobby. Remember to keep busy to prevent going stir-crazy! Check out this link for more photos to inspire your next project:
Other types of Tape Art Walls
A less permanent option would be using washi tape that can be easily removed!
Get creative and explore! And stay safe during this time!
If you would like to see other projects and ideas, consider following us on our social media!
Other Blog posts: https://sosthriftstorefoundation.org/blog